We changed our tradition a little this year and celebrated Thanksgiving day with my family. It's always so nice being together and so SAD when we have to say goodbye. We all live so far away, and every moment spent together is very precious.
Usually we stay home and I cook Thanksgiving dinner for just our little family and then after dinner we decorate the Christmas tree and the kids always get to open a gift (which is usually a new pair of pajamas). Since we planned to go out of town this year, we had our Thanksgiving on Tuesday.
Usually we stay home and I cook Thanksgiving dinner for just our little family and then after dinner we decorate the Christmas tree and the kids always get to open a gift (which is usually a new pair of pajamas). Since we planned to go out of town this year, we had our Thanksgiving on Tuesday.
![]() |
| Click on the picture to see more. |
Then we spent Wednesday and Thursday with my family. My brother and his family from Chicago were able to be there as well as my sister and her family from Indiana and my oldest sister from Kansas. Kathy's flight wasn't due to arrive until midnight, so we decided to make it a "girls night out". Mom and I, my two sisters Heather and Kim and and my sister-in-law Mary Jo all went together (hour and a half trip)to pick her up. We had so much fun laughing and talking!
Waiting at the airport for Kathy's flight to arrive.
She's here - exciting moment!
My mom fixed an incredible dinner! Everything was so beautiful and scrumptious (as usual). We enjoyed every moment of our time together.
![]() |
| Click on picture to see more. |
It's tradition for the kids to put on a play for us every time we're all together. This time they made up a story about a Pilgrim family who came over on the Mayflower. They are pretty amazing. Their plays are always very organized and professional for their age. They even made up really nice programs on the computer to pass out. They actually get together and spend A LOT of time practicing and memorizing pieces. I would love to show you a video clip, but they would probably kill me.


7 comments:
I am glad you were able to spend Thanksgiving with your family. It looks like you had a great time. I think Marvin and Erma had fun at Mom and Dave's house. Mom really enjoyed having them there.
Hey Kelly,
I loved all the pictures. Looks like you made your own little family time really special with your traditions.
Wow I'm impressed.. Your mom sets a beautiful table! Now I know where you get your sense of tradition from. Thanks again for sharing all the pictures!
Enjoyed this post and all of the fun pics too! Soooo glad that you got to be with your family...I'm sure y'all had a GREAT time and made lots of wonderful memories!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my roll recipe post. Yes, you could bake this recipe in one or two loaf pans and you would have your loaf bread that your son is wanting. =) I trust it turns out GREAT for you...I'll be praying!
Love, Heather =)
The "girls night out" to the airport looked so fun! Glad your time together was so special and trust your Dad is doing well.
I appreciated your sweet comments on my blog! Blessings!
I love the tradition of the kids putting on a play. How creative.
Glad you had fun!
Of course you may add me....I will add you to mine as well.
Looks like you all had a beautiful Thanksgiving and made some wonderful family memories....I am happy for you! I really enjoyed all fo your pictures!
Post a Comment