Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happy Belated Father's Day!




I was away the weekend of Father's Day and did not get a chance to honor the most important men in my life. I figured better late than never!

There are so many wonderful things about my dad, that it's hard to choose what to say in a short paragraph. The first word that comes to mind is "prayer warrior". Dad has spent countless hours on his knees. His church people, friends and family have no doubt that God hears and answers his prayers. We have witnessed INCREDIBLE miracles as a result of his prayers. Each morning before we left for school, Dad would pray with us, kiss us goodbye and then he went straight to his study and prayed all day for us until we got home, as we attended public school and he worried about the influences.

Dad has always been a good and Godly leader. Each night he gathered his family around and had devotions with us. Dad has a great sense of humor and can tell the BEST stories! All the grandchildren LOVE PopPop!




My father-in-law too is a wonderful man. He has a deep love for God and for Holiness. David mentions often how he appreciates the enthusiasm his Dad had about going to church and attending campmeetings, revivals, etc. He always acted like he loved going to church and presented it as "fun" to his family. He cultivated that love for God and church in his children and in return, both of his sons are passing that on to their children. He is a wonderful father-in-law and I am grateful for his influence on my children.

__________________________________________________________

And last, but not least...My INCREDIBLE husband. David is an awesome husband and daddy. I had never met anyone so kind, caring and forgiving until I met David. He is the closest thing to Jesus I will ever see until I get to Heaven and see Jesus with my own eyes. He has taught me so much about loving people and forgiving and accepting people in spite of their human errors. He is romantic and treats me like a queen! He doesn't hesitate to roll his sleeves up and change diapers, do the dishes, or anything else that I need help with. I am so thankful that God has blessed me and given me my soulmate to spend my life with and raise my children with.




10 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Kelly, that was a very sweet tribute to your husband. Don't you love it that our men our Godly, loving, caring, and HELP AROUND THE HOUSE and WITH THE KIDS?! Enjoyed seeing the slide show and reading your nice words about your husband...and the man that your kids call Daddy! =)

Love ya, Heather =)

The Dickinsons said...

Oops! I thought that the post for your Father and Father-in-law had a different place to put a comment! =) I enjoyed reading about them too! That's great that your Father is such a PRAYER WARRIOR, and that your Father-in-law LOVES to go to church and that both Fathers have influenced their families for the good and right! =)

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! WELCOME BACK TO BLOG WORLD...WE MISSED YOU!! I wondered what was going on in your life...But I know Summer is a busy time! =) Bless your heart...I'm sorry that Kim laughed at your Sewing job on that skirt...I'm sure you did a great job, and like you said, No one was going to see it! =)
Also, I just heard that Mrs. Bell died, which I think is Rhoda (Bell) Miles' Mom!? Do you know if that is true, and if so how is Rhoda doing? BLESS HER HEART! And didn't she and Brent have a baby....boy? or girl? I'm thinking that the baby was born LAST summer...but can't remember! If you can fill me in on those details, I'd appreciate it! (when you get a free moment!...WHEN does a Mother of 4 get a "FREE" Moment?! HA!)
Take care, Love, Heather =)

Nancy said...

What a sweet posting to the men in your life! I loved seeing all the pictures. I think one of the cutest is your Dad playing checkers with Josh...he looks so cute. (Josh, that is :) It's great that David helps around the house...I tell Chris I love him the most when he's scrubbing the kitchen floor! :) I guess you can tell what my love language is! lol!

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Kelly, everything you said about the men in your life was so sweet. Welcome back to blogland. I missed you while you were gone.

Kelly S said...

Thank you ladies for your comments!

Nancy, you're right about that! I don't think that's my love language, but what wife doesn't like to see her husband do dishes or scrub the floor?!

Heather, I'm sorry I can't answer your questions about about Rhoda. Nancy L. might be a better one to ask.

Also, in defense of my sister...I don't want to make her look bad. She didn't mean to laugh at me. It was rather a chuckle that she tried not to let me see. If you know Kim, you know she is too sweet to ever be mean! I know you already know that, but for those that might not know her - there you have it.

Sherilyn, we did have fun! It would have been even funner if you could have been there with us!

The Dickinsons said...

Dearest Kelly, thanks for your comment! Yes, PLEASE know that I was not saying that Kim was mean for laughing! I can just see her covering her mouth, to laugh, so as not to hurt you. She's a sweetheart!

Nancy signed after you, and gave me the update that I wanted on Rhoda. THANKS!
Have a great night!
Heather =)

Liz said...

Kelly,
I enjoy reading your blog! Your little family is precious. I, too, need to do a little belated Father's Day tribute - not that I need too, but I really want to!

I'll never forget you encouraging me at Carthage camp three years ago - thanks so much. You're a dear.

Love, Lizzy

Kelly S said...

Heather, of course I didn't think you were meaning to say that. I know you're a sweetheart too! I was just checking myself. I hate it because when writing, you can't see each other's expressions or tone of voice and I'm always double-checking my messages for fear I didn't word something right. But I know I'm among friends! and regardless what I may say wrong, hopefully everbody will overlook my human errors (as they are many!) and love me anyhow!:)

Kimberly said...

Enjoyed your tribute and the sweet pics! Ya'll have such a good-lookin, sweet family. I know Marvin the best of these 3 and really think alot of him. Glad the vacation was so good for everybody..looks really fun.

Kim M. said...

Hey I have missed you! What an awesome tribute to your men! All 3 are obviously well deserving. God is so good isn't He to bless us so much! I love the pictures... how sweet.
I really need to update my blog. I am sitting here looking at blogs and I'm having a yard sale this weekend! I am so crazy.
Love ya!
Kim