There are two events I thought may interest you. One is Michelle Stetler's wedding and the other is our visit with the Bozones.
Michelle's wedding was very nice. She had two gorgeous topiaries made of cream and pink roses (I believe she made them) at the front of the church, lots of candles and GREAT music. Her theme was sea shells - the bridesmaids' dresses were sea blue skirts with white tops.
Susan and Johnna with Michelle.
Karen G. was one of her bride's maids - posing with Trey S.
I was so glad to see some of the Finney family there. I couldn't believe Chris' and Karen's girls were all grown up and beautiful young ladies. They made me feel so old! The last time I saw them, they were little girls having tea parties with Tamara. Carey did an awesome job playing the piano. I had forgotten how good of a pianist he is. I have fond memories of this family. Whenever I think of my fun moments at HSBC, I often think of this family. Mr. & Mrs. Finney numerous times opened up their home to me (even for Thanksgiving dinner). I have memories of Sunday nights sitting out on the veranda, Anthony strumming his guitar, eating scrumptious food and enjoying chatting. I enjoyed shopping with Tamara and our eating out excursions on Wednesday nights (with Carey always trying to get a free meal:) I love this family. They are gorgeous people and have a lot of class, but are genuinely nice and down-to-earth people. It was so good to see some of them again.
And last but not least...we had a very nice time with Doyle and Sherilyn and their family. We love this family and wish we weren't all so far away from each other!
The girls had a tea party. I was the maid serving the tea. Joshua and Samuel were always picking on the girls and barging in on their tea party. The girls and I decided we would pretend they were dogs and shoo them away by swatting them with newspapers. When that didn't work, we threatened to put pictures of them joining our tea party on my blog for all their friends to see - that did the trick! So as promised...
We spent a day at the Creation Museum. I highly recommend it. It's very nice. Just in case you have plans of going, it's half price ($10) per person if you have a group of 15 or more. Children 5 and under are free. The food prices at the cafe are very reasonable. We all enjoyed it.




9 comments:
Enjoyed reading your update!
I loved seeing all your pictures especially of my old friend, Susan.
Thanks for sharing all the great pics, Kelly.
I also LOVED the pic of you with your four kids. Great picture.
Good to see a new blog from ya!
Thanks for the nice update! I enjoyed seeing the fun pics and reading about all that has happened in y'all's lives here recently! =)
Love, Heather =)
So nice to see the update. That wedding theme was certainly something I have never seen before. I love looking at wedding pictures because people get so creative with weddings.
Great pictures of you and the kids (you are so thin!)and the visit with the Bozones. Tell Joshua I saw him trying to have a tea party and I will have to show Justin and Jonathan.... Just kidding ;-)
Enjoyed the pics...pretty wedding..and did I understand that you are not "working" anymore? Maybe you'll have time to sleep now:)
Thank you all for your comments.
Kim M - I read your comment to Joshua. He didn't know I put those pictures on there until then. He was quite horrified.
Kim N - No, I haven't quit my job "yet". Still contemplating, but I'm taking a BIG step and going part-time in September.
Great pics. Looks like you and Sherilyn had a good time. I really want to take my kids to the Creation Museum sometime.
Kelly,
Enjoyed catching up on your blog . . . Your children are precious. I hope they're having fun at VBS - we are having ours this week too.
Love, Liz
Post a Comment