David and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary - and what a wonderful 10 years it has been!

Thanks to Grandpa and Mammaw for keeping the kids overnight for us. David and I had an evening alone - a candlelight dinner at McCormick and Schmick's downtown Cincinnati and then we stayed in the hotel above the restaurant (The Westin)with a room overlooking Fountain Square.
I am so grateful that the Lord redirected our plans for our futures and brought us together. We decided from our first date, that we were going to put God first in our relationship and we have made that our practice. It's amazing how praying together strengthens a couple's relationship! It's hard to be mad or unkind to each other when you're kneeling side by side and praying together. I remember the first few years of our marriage, us trying to adjust and having some VERY TENSE disagreements. We knelt down and prayed together and even though we still didn't agree, it took the unhappiness away and we could walk away from the argument still loving each other.
You know how when you're single, you sort of have in your mind the "ideal" man? - at least, I did. I had my ideal husband in my mind - looks and character. I marvel at how God answered that prayer with such perfection. I don't say that to brag, I truly mean it. He's EVERYTHING I ever wanted in a man. I can't imagine not living so closely with the Lord, to discern his divine direction for my life AT ALL TIMES! It's so important, for if I hadn't lived closely to the Lord, I could have so easily gotten entangled with the wrong crowds (as I tended to do)and married the wrong person.
Hope you enjoy the pictures of our wedding day...(Thanks to my baby sister Heather for scanning them all for me:) 
My waiters/waitresses (standing with white shirts) L to R: Julie Toth, Tim Veyon, Becky (Toth)?, Douglas Miller
L to R: David's parents, my parents, my Grandpa Penn and my sweet step-grandma.
My sister-in-law (Mary Jo) and my best friend from high school (Melissa).
My gorgeous bridesmaids L to R: My sister (Kim), my oldest sister (Kathy), my lifelong friend from my church (Beverly), my baby sister (Heather), my friend from college (Montene), my friend that's like a sister (Trishy) and my friend (Stephanie).
David's groomsmen L to R: Chris Hilling, Kevin Donovan, Tim Stamper, the little guy in front of David is Jonathan Ratcliff, Doyle Bozone, Kerry Wentworth, Tim Forsee.
20 comments:
Kelly,
You're welcome to visit my blog!
Enjoyed the wedding pics on yours; Happy Anniversary (late).
Valorie
Happy Anniversary. Glad you got to go away for the night. That's always so refreshing! Enjoyed the pics!
Congratulations!! Sweet pics.!
Congrats on ten years! I think the 10-year mark is special and worthy of extra-special celebration. In our case, Reagan ended up being our anniversary 'gift' that arrived on VALENTINES DAY! Ha! These things happen.
Enjoyed the pics. Beautiful bride!
These pictures sure brought back the memories. What a special day. I am so glad God brought you together. You said so many nice things about David and I agree that he is one terrific guy. I want to add that he couldn't have picked a better lady to be his wife. I was so happy when you came into his life. God is so faithful to give us our desires when we put him first.
Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful wedding. Love the way the church was decorated. May you have many happy years together.
I really enjoyed the wedding pictures(It was lovely!)...Sounds like a romantic night out..Happy 10th Anniversary! I don't know you very well...I knew the
"Stampers" as a little girl...I feel like I am going to make new friends by blogging! Thanks for your note of encouragement about the Abeka program...Our first day went great! I'll keep in touch!
I loved seeing the wedding shots, thanks for sharing. It's good to have you back.
Nope, you haven't lost me, I'm still here, just have been running and doing more than normal, so I haven't been "blog hopping" much! =) Thanks for your sweet comments on mine!
I LOVED THE WEDDING PICS....BEAUTIFUL WEDDING, AND BEAUTIFUL BRIDE AND GROOM!! I love your dress, am glad to see nice, modest dresses, it seems that so many ladies think that on their wedding day is the day to show everything they own. =( Thanks for posting those nice pics. Congratulations on 10 wonderful years with the Right man! God is awesome isn't He, to lead us to our Perfect mates! (As perfect as human can be!=) I'm sooo happy for y'all! I didn't realize that we had gotten married before y'all. Marriage just gets better each year doesn't it?! That's great to pray together. You are right, it's hard to be upset at each other when you are talking to the King of Kings about each other! =)
Take care, and I'll be back!
Love ya, Heather
Thanks for posting pics of your wedding, and HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY!! I like what you said about praying together! Sure helps to put things back into perspective, doesn't it!! Hope you are enjoying a good beginning of the school year, friend!!
Congratulations Kelly. I remember your beautiful wedding. It doesn't seem like it was 10 yrs ago.
Beautiful wedding, beautiful couple...God Bless.... Liz B
Hey it's really sad that I am one of the last ones to comment on these beautiful pictures of your wedding day. I have been completely and utterly busy and behind on my blogging/emailing! Glad to be able to finally comment. What pretty pictures! Thanks so much for putting them on here... you were and are still a nice looking couple!
Where are you?
I also ask....Where are you?
It's been awhile since we've heard from you!
I'm tagging you. Visit my blog to find out the details!
You've been tagged. There is a game going on between us blogging friends. When you've been tagged you must give 7 facts about yourself on your own blog and then tag 7 of your blogging friends to do the same. Check out my blog to see what I mean.
Kelly, I did not realize that Anita had already tagged you, so I did also. It is pretty bad when adults play tag on the computer. It is fun though.
Wow! Now that brings back some memories! :) Has it really been 10 years?!
Steph - It's high time you start a blog of your own! Nice to hear from you:)
Post a Comment