(I forgot to mention in my #1 comment, that my sister's foot was in my way and I ran over her foot! Fortunately, it didn't break her foot, but it tore and ruined her new shoe. Sorry Kim!)
I've been tagged THREE times! I'm too old for peer pressure! Okay, I give. Actually, I think this is just a way to get me to blog again. I have very much missed blogging. Maybe this will get me back into the swing of things again. Here goes...
1. One day while I was still living at home (before I got my driver's license), my mom and my sister Kim and I were standing in the garage. The car needed pulled in about 2 feet further so we could put the garage door down. At my mom's request, I got into the driver's seat and attempted to pull the car up. I got confused as to which was the brake and which was the gas pedal and I pushed the gas pedal to the floor. I crashed into the washer and dryer that was against the wall in the garage. My parents' garage is built onto the house and on the other side of the garage wall is the inside bathroom wall. It just so happened that my 80-something-year-old grandpa was visiting us and happened to be sitting on the toilet at that moment. When I crashed into that wall, the huge mirror on the bathroom wall went crashing onto the floor. My grandpa came out of that bathroom as fast as he could! I locked myself in my room and refused to show my face for a LONG time!
2. Last spring David bought me a beautiful brand new baby grand piano.
3. David and I spent a week and a half in Hawaii for our honeymoon.
4. I HATE animals! (although since becoming a mommy, I have softened a bit and have learned to tolerate two cats and a dog for the sake of my four babies:) - but NOT in the house EVER:)
5. I love staying up at night and have a hard time getting to bed before midnight. The problem is, I start work at 4:00 a.m.
6. I'm terrible at playing sports and don't enjoy it one bit. Don't ask me to join in a game of volleyball or softball.
7. My first official date (alone with a guy) was with the man that I married. I had told God before I left for college, that I wouldn't date unless I found the man that was meant for me. It wasn't until I left Hobe Sound and moved back to Cincinnati that I met David at the church we still attend and he called and asked me out to dinner.
There you have it. I hope this makes sense as it's almost 2:00 in the morning and I'm having trouble even keeping my eyes open.
Thanks to everyone for all the sweet emails checking up on me. We've been so extremely busy. With David travelling a lot and homeschooling starting back up, we're just trying to keep our heads above water right now. It was nice to hear from so many of you. Thanks for caring! It feels good to be loved!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Welcome back!! You are missed and loved. I love the story about the garage. We all should have a story like that to tell our kids. I am sure that you have been snowed under with all of the activities in your life. Hopefully things will return to some form of normal so that you can breathe easier.
Good to see a new post. I have never heard the garage story. I don't know who I feel worse for~ you or your Grandpa!
I hope you have a great day, and that the next two days go quickly for you.
Great to hear from you again...great garage story..I did something similar once although my grandfather wasn't on the toilet...ha! I laughed out loud at that one!
Welcome back! You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
I hope that when your kids are old enough that you leave the driving lessons up to David.
So you got tagged after all. I should have done it anyway but I was worried that it was stress you out. I LOVE garage story! That is so hilarious!
And I think the fact that David was your "first" date is just the sweetest thing ever!
I've missed you... glad you could blog again!
Kelly, I thought I was the only person that drove a vehicle into a house!!! I loved reading your 7 things.
We have been praying for your family a ton. You are all certainly in our thoughts.
Love,
Rochenda
Great to hear from you again. Loved the garage story like everyone else.
Welcome back...totally w/you on animals!:) Trust things are calming down for you.
Just wanted to say "hi" Kelly! We'll see you all in a few weeks!
Lizzy
Hey Kelly, just droppin' by to say hello. Haven't spoken to you in awhile. I promise I'll do better! ;)
Hope you have a great evening.
Karon
Enjoyed your 7 random things. As everyone else has said that was a wonderful garage story. Loved it!!
I too enjoyed your 7 things - very nice mix of totally hilarious and super sweet!
I enjoyed your pics of your family and your wedding.
Great post!
Esther
ps I have my own page set up now, if you get a chance to visit :)
Welcome back!! And thanks for sharing the 7 things!! Hope you all are doing well!! God bless!
Hi Kelly! I will try to remember that garage story while teaching these last three to drive! I don't feel so bad about running over my dog when I was 16! Take care.
I love your new background where did you get if from? I have been trying to get something more fall but nothing strikes me. I view your blog quite often. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed day!
I think you forgot something in the garage story. i surely haven't. I distinctly remember my shoe being ripped off as the car ran over my foot as I was standing beside the car trying to assist you.
kim
Post a Comment