Sunday, October 14, 2007

I know you've heard me say it before, but...there's nothing like being close to nature to help ease the stresses of life! We took a hike through our woods yesterday evening. What a relaxing time! The kids always have so much fun exploring and discovering.


The hike to the top of the woods is well worth it, for the view is beautiful. There's nothing like the beautiful rolling hills of Kentucky!


One of our favorite stops is this area where there's a fire ring. It's a great camping spot.


Getting ready to climb Daddy's tree stand.


Sitting in Uncle Tim's tree stand.


After our hike, we each got out our favorite mugs and enjoyed a big mug of hot cocoa loaded with marshmallows...Yum!

8 comments:

Jody J said...

Sounds like fun. I love fall!

H.O.P.E. said...

Thank you for comment on my blog. Also thank you for your comments about my daughter. She is a great person. Thank you for replying about your blogging background. I so enjoy it though. Have a blessed day. Eileen

Making Memories 1999 said...

Looks like you all had fun!!! What priceless and memorable times for your family!! Hope you all are enjoying a good week! God bless!!

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

I hope you remember our talk this past summer. I definitely want to come out to your place at Christmas. I miss taking walks in the woods. We used to do that when we visited my grandparents on their farm. Your time together as a family was well spent. Samuel would have thought he was in heaven out there exploring. Great Pictures.

Kim M. said...

Great pictures! We love to do things like that as a family too. My boys would love that!
I will do my best to update my blog really soon. I'll let you know when I do :-)

kayla said...

Looks like fun. Good to hear from you again.

Rochenda Crane said...

What a fun family outing! That is quite the tree stand...I bet the kids just love it.

Kimberly said...

I like the new look...beautiful Ky. pics. Trusting that things will be less stressful for you all soon...Blessings!