PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION!
I normally am not one to get involved in things like this, but this is too scary and URGENT to ignore!
I'm sure most of you have already heard about the California court ruling to ban homeschooling unless the parent is a certified teacher, which basically eliminates all parents, especially in the higher grades because you can't be certified in every subject. I can't go into all the details on here, but I urge you to go to this link and listen to Dr. Dobson explain it.
http://www.oneplace.com/Ministries/Focus_on_the_Family/Archives.asp?bcd=2008-3-7
My sister-in-law sent me this link to sign a petition by the Home School Legal Defense Association. If you won't go to the link above and listen to Dr. Dobson, you can at least do this. http://www.hslda.org/ It's very easy to sign and anyone can sign it. You don't have to be a home schooler or a parent or a California resident to sign it.
I'm not concerned about this just because I want to teach my children. It's so much more than that! You have to listen to Dr. Dobson to understand better the consequences that could come from this decision, but I can see the down-spiraling affects this could have.
I hope you'll not let this one pass by without much thought, as I have been guilty of doing in the past with issues like this. Along with signing the petition, we have got to pray that the Lord will reverse this decision and especially pray for God's protection over these precious parents in California and their children. This is definitley an attack from Satan, but God is so much more powerful and able!
4 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing this information! I signed the petition and will get my husband to sign this evening. I am going to listen to the program when I get a few extra minutes! This doesn't "surprise" me but "scares" me! I think it is indicative of starting down the road where the government wants complete authority over us(and our precious children!) God help us! Thanks again for sharing!(And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!)
Very concerning even for those of us who don't homeschool. Thanks for the info.
Love the winter wonderland pictures below.
I listened to this the other day and actually shed some tears over it. The implications are very frightening!
Post a Comment