Thursday, May 8, 2008

IHC!

It was so very nice to see a lot of my blogger friends this year at IHC, even though at times it was just waving at each other in passing!

IHC is a tradition for our family. My parents took us every year since I was a baby. In fact, I don't remember ever missing a year. Even though we didn't have much money growing up, my parents made sure they saved so we could go to IHC and we always got new clothes for it. I always looked so forward to it and now, my children have grown to love it as much as I do.


The Lord's presence was in all the services. I think it's so awesome for my children to see the thousands of people gather together who believe like they do and to see that they're not alone in this world!


I have heard criticism of IHC and some have referred to it as a "dress parade", but I see it as a great opportunity for Christian worship and fellowship, and there's nothing wrong with fellowship! When I was a young person attending, really the last thing on my mind was worship. I was raised in a public school and I longed for fellowship with Christian young people. Yes, I always looked forward to buying new clothes for it, but I don't see anything wrong with that either! A lot of people buy clothes when they're going to something they look forward to (a Christmas event, a summer vacation, etc.) and I would much rather my children look forward to IHC where they're getting spiritually fed (whether they realize it or not) and where they may meet their future husbands and wives! But now that I'm older and mature, I no longer care about having new clothes, but I do care about worship and I do pray for the Lord's presence in the services.

Several young people have testified in our church about the spiritual help they received from IHC and to me, that's priceless!

my sister Heather with her friend Amy Meyers
Katie and her cousin Evan in the Tuesday evening service


my brother-in-law, Tim Forsee, speaking in the Tuesday evening service


I love this picture of Bro. & Sis. Sankey.



The cousins in their P.J.'s -eating pizza in PopPop & Nanny's hotel room Wednesday night

Josh with his cousins waiting for Children's Church to start



Katie and her cousin Ethan
We promised the kids we would sit at the very top in the last service. I couldn't sit on the very top row, I was afraid I would lose my stomach!



Katie and Ethan visiting

3 comments:

Kim M. said...

I enjoyed these pictures. I agree with you about dressing up and enjoying visiting with other people. That is definitely a part of it!

Ronda said...

Loved your I.H.C. pictures! I totally agree with you about it being a place not only where you feel God, but also a place for fellowship with like-minded Christians! We have gone since I was about 11...so for right around 28 years! I still love it! Enjoyed getting to chat with you there! You have a lovely family...

loree2000 said...

I loved looking at your new photos! Happy late b-day to your little boy!

I also agree with what you said about IHC! When I go I love seeing people that I may not have seen for months or years. I think it's a great gathering place, kind of like a BIG family reunion for God's people.

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)
Maybe our families could get together sometime?
I could show you how to sew up a skirt split. :D