Friday, August 15, 2008

Our Weekend...Our 11th aniversary, the zoo and Forsee's anniversary!

Happy 11th anniversary to us! David & I had a nice getaway last Friday night. Thanks to Grandpa & Grandma Stamper for babysitting for us! We took the kids to the zoo Friday morning and then dropped them off Friday afternoon. David and I got to have dinner and the night together alone! How fun!

Kara & Daddy riding the carousel
One of our many stops for Mommy to take a rest:)
My favorite - I love the elephants!

Touching and learning about animal skulls.
I love this picture of Katie holding her nose! She didn't appreciate the smells of the cat house:)


_________________________________________________________


Our Date!


Our stay at the Marriott in Covington overlooking the river was so fun! The inside of the hotel is beautiful and the rooms are very luxurious. We got on Priceline (first time ever trying that) and were impressed with the price we got the room for!


the inside of the hotel





_________________________________________________

Forsee's anniversary

Saturday after we picked up the kids, we headed off to Forsee's 40th anniversary celebration. The kids had fun (as always) playing with their cousins and friends.

The lovely ladies of the family serving us. (Actually they worked so hard preparing, we should have been serving them!)


My favorite part of the evening - getting to hold baby Caleb! He is a doll! I love this picture of him smiling and cooing at David.

Joshua thought he was pretty cool too.

My sister and her family with the Forsees.

John and Martha and their sweet family.
All the grandkids

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Tonight I caught up on your blog and the big news!! Congrats. on the new baby!! (and your anniversary!)

Good to know I'm not the only one who can't seem to get in the mood for Facebook! I still haven't taken the plunge.

Your kiddos are so adorable in the pics...but my personal favorite is the one with Mrs. Erma in that pink hat...cute!

Barb (Glick) Kamph said...

That is great 11 years, although I am sure it feels like forever. It is always great to get away together, the motel was really nice, very fancy. Trust you two had a great time together. Love the Zoo pics, I love the gorilla's they are so cool.

Ronda said...

Happy 11th Anniversary...sounds like you had a special, romantic get-a-way! How nice! (Beautiful hotel!) Loved all your pics!

Kim M. said...

Happy anniversary! So glad you all could get away like that. That hotel looked really nice.

Your kids are so cute!

kayla said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! So glad that you got some alone time.
I alway enjoy seeing pictures of your sister with all her boys. If we would have been able to have more kids I would be the same situation.

Myranda said...

Glad you had some time to yourselves for your anniversary. It is so necessary for parents of little ones to get some time to reconnect!

Loved the update and all the pics.