What a nice time we had with my family this weekend!
The highlight of the visit for me was seeing my dad baptize a lady Sunday morning. I remember my parents doing a lot of calling in my growing up years. There was one particular family that they visited quite often. The lady that he baptized Sunday was a grand-daughter of this family. It was so precious to hear her testify that as a result of the seed that Dad and Mom planted years ago and because of their prayers, she now has given her heart to the Lord. Because of Dad's illness, he was unable to baptize her like he normally would in full water, so mom prepared a pretty crystal vase with water and Dad dipped the rose in the water and sprinkled it on her head and baptized her. It was so sweet to see her kneel by his side so he could reach her from his wheelchair and to see her tears as he prayed over her. The Lord's presence was so near in that service! I was so thrilled that my children could witness such a beautiful scene!
The highlight of the visit for me was seeing my dad baptize a lady Sunday morning. I remember my parents doing a lot of calling in my growing up years. There was one particular family that they visited quite often. The lady that he baptized Sunday was a grand-daughter of this family. It was so precious to hear her testify that as a result of the seed that Dad and Mom planted years ago and because of their prayers, she now has given her heart to the Lord. Because of Dad's illness, he was unable to baptize her like he normally would in full water, so mom prepared a pretty crystal vase with water and Dad dipped the rose in the water and sprinkled it on her head and baptized her. It was so sweet to see her kneel by his side so he could reach her from his wheelchair and to see her tears as he prayed over her. The Lord's presence was so near in that service! I was so thrilled that my children could witness such a beautiful scene!
Isn't he handsome?! :)
This is a short video clip of Joshua and Katie singing in the Sunday morning service.
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=a9bc6b228d90f5a0aa6c
The kids had fun making pencil holders in Sunday School class.
Heather's should have won a prize for the most creative!
We enjoyed visiting with Kevin. He brought his "toys", which David thoroughly enjoyed!
David and Katie riding one of Kevin's toys:) And his other toy:)
15 comments:
Looks like you had a ton of fun. Enjoyed all the pics.
Yeah, it's always hard to see them go, but he is so very happy and that makes it all seem okay.
I hope that your home-school year goes great - will look forward to updates about that.
Looks like alot of fun for everyone, it is nice when the big boys have toys too ;)
That about your dad is so precious. You never know how far the seeds go that you plant. Thanks for sharing that. Something really special.
What a precious story about the new convert...that is AWESOME and encouraging! How wonderful for your kids to see that! The duet was darling...I so enjoyed listening to them!(Neat that you shared that with us.) I also enjoyed your other pictures! I regards to your comment on my blog....I bet that you will really enjoy this school year since you don't have work obligations! I am SO happy for you! Blessings to you, too! :)
Love the picture of Jacob serenading the ladies! Too cute!!
Kelly, What a beautiful story about you dad and how God is still using him in such a real way to bless those around him. I am so glad you can go and spend time with your parents. I think Doyle would have felt right at home with the all of the things Kevin brought. They(guys) get older, but they never grow up. I guess that is a good thing.
I loved that story about your dad baptizing that lady. It reminds me of that song "Thank you for giving to the Lord" that Ray Boltz recorded.
Your kiddos were so cute singing their special. Precious!
Hi Kelly...Google reader is what I need to put on my blog. I think that would help me. Thanks! :) Hope that you are doing great and that home~school is going well. Have a wonderful week!
Kelly, Thank you for your comment on my blog. I was glad that you too love the book Created to be His help meet. =)
Loved this post. That was so special seeing your dad baptizing that lady. How neat. It makes me sad that your Dad (and y'all his family) have had to suffer so much.
I hope that you and your family are doing good.
Kelly, just wanted to say thanks about the Caramel Sundae tip. Although I didn't visit that specific location, I did happen to ask at the McD's at the Covington exit(off 275) and much to my delight....they now serve them there! I've had two so far! Thanks!
Thanks for the nice comment!
So glad that you liked the Creamy Orange cheesecake recipe. =)
Hey Kelly;
I'm finally starting to catch up on everyone's blogs. I noticed at the end of yours that you are expecting. Congratulations! So if we meet for Home School Convention again you'll FINALLY be bigger than me. :) HEE HEE HEE
Just wanted to say "hello"! Hope that you are doing well! It is so much harder to find the extra time to blog once school starts, isn't it? We are having a busy, happy Fall! Blessings on you and your precious family!
Just wanted to say "hello"! Hope that you and your family are doing well! :)
that video was so sweet!! you have adorable kids!!
Post a Comment