Saturday, January 10, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!!

Our new little blessing, Klarissa Joy, has arrived!
(all wrapped up in the beautiful blanket made by "Nannie" (my mom) that got so much attention by all the nurses!)

She was born Thursday, 01/08/09 at 5:45 p.m. 8 pounds, 4 oz; 21 inches long. Already, we can't imagine what we would do without her! Her siblings adore her and are spoiling her rotten!

We came home tonight and enjoyed a delicious dinner of white chili topped with sour cream and cheese, homemade bread and wonderful peanut butter/chocolate chip cookie bars all homemade from Patty, my sister-in-law. Thank you Patty! It was delicious and so nice to come home to a nice dinner!

Since it's late, I'll just post a few pictures tonight but there will be more to follow of our hospital stay, the visitors, etc.

15 comments:

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful- I know you already knew that. I am so glad she has safely arrived. Take care and give her a hug from us.

Esther Hilling said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! She is adorable!!

Belle said...

She is so cute. Congrats!!

Bev said...

Congratulations Kelly and David, I no you are so relieved she is here. Klarrissa is a beautiful name and she is beautiful to match. I can't wait to see her in person.

Anita Marie said...

Congratulations. I know you must be relieved that she has arrived safe and sound. The blanket is beautiful and looks so warm and cozy.

Kim M. said...

How precious and beautiful she is! Congratulations... what a blessing!

Nancy said...

Congratulations David and Kelly! She looks like a doll! I wondered if it wyould be another "K" name! Cute name! Enjoy her to the fullest! And try to get some rest :)

Jana said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful baby girl!!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, of course! What a beautiful name...I am quite partial to the middle name because that's my middle name too!

Again, congratulations!

My Life in Pictures said...

Congratulations!! She is so pretty! Thanks so much for your note. I am feeling a bit lost right now, so I really appreciate it and the prayers.

Anonymous said...

She's adorable! Congratulations. Get as much rest as possible and take care of yourself.

Dixie said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl.

Barb (Glick) Kamph said...

OH she is soooo lovely...what a precious bundle of JOY... Congradulations to all of you!!!!

sarahmfry said...

It's so good to see her pictures up close. I'm disappointed that I didn't take more time at the wedding to look at her better, but it was very good to get to talk to you a few minutes. I absolutely love your upbeat attitude about mothering and life.

Did you know our second's name is "Karissa Joy"? Great minds think alike, huh? I like Klarissa. Very pretty. I agree with you about visitors - I love visitors (and short visits).

You make 5 look like a very very nice number. That's what we're considering....we'll see how it goes with this #4 and then go from there. :)

Kelly S said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments! We are thoroughly enjoying her!

Sarah, as though you weren't busy enough! You had too much on your mind to be thinking about anything other than pictures Saturday night! I didn't know your little girl's name at all! That is so neat. I had two names I was tossing back and forth and when someone in our church used one of our names for their baby, we decided to go with Klarissa. David thought of "Joy" and as soon as he said it, I loved it!