My two favorite men! David pushing my Dad out of the church.
This is one amazing man! My dad is battling cancer, but in spite of his trials and pain, he continues to carry out his ministry and preaches every Wednesday and two services on Sunday. It has been incredible to watch the Lord annoint him every time he needs to speak. There are times that he is in so much pain, it seems impossible to us that he will be able to preach. But every single service, when it's time for him to get up to the pulpit, God annoints him and he is able to preach with the Lord's annointing. He is a wonderful father, father-in-law and PopPop. Every grandchild loves him dearly.
I am so grateful for my husband. He is the most incredible daddy and husband any man could be. I have never met a man that is so patient and understanding and incredibly sensitive to our needs as he is. He is the closest thing to perfect there is, and I really mean that! I know I've said this before on my blog, but he is the closest thing to Jesus I'll ever meet until I meet Jesus face to face. He has never once raised his voice at me or spoken unkindly to me. I have never seen any one handle stress like he can and keep it from affecting our home. He lives a consistent godly life and lives it out before his family. He is genuine through and through! (and I might add incredibly romantic! :)
Giving Daddy his gifts
I've started using a different computer and I'm just realizing that I don't have any recent pictures of my father-in-law. He too is a wonderful father, father-in-law and grandpa. David spoke for my dad in the Sunday night service. He was talking about the different attributes of God and gave a very sweet example of his Dad. We have missed spending Father's Day with him the last couple of years. He has been very understanding and unselfish about us going to be with my dad these past couple of years.
5 comments:
Loved your Father's Day tribute to the special men in your life...so sweet! Great pictures, too! I agree with your comment on my blog...We are very blessed! So sorry about your Dad...I know that it must be so terribly difficult to see him so sick...How amazing that he continues to preach and be used by God! I know that you treasure your time with him...May you feel God's peace during this time in your life. I will pray for your Dad and your family.
So well put! It is neat to read all the different tributes to our dad's.Dad's are so wonderful. We are so grateful to have Godly dad's in our lives, sure has made a difference. Love the pics, so nice. Sorry to hear about your dad may God richly bless him in this time of need.
So sorry for your Dad's continued illness...glad ya'll were able to be with him...time made all the more precious!
That picture of your husband pushing your Dad is so sweet.
That would be a very difficult thing to go through but I am so glad you are right there to be with him.
The picture of your husband and four kids is excellent! That is such a nice tribute to the three Dad's in your lives.
I am so glad you posted this. I was wondering about your dad.
I enjoyed reading your tributes and seeing the pictures!
I am still praying for your dad. I know that it's such a blessing for you to have a Christ-like father. I know it gives you peace!
That's so sweet what you said about David. You are both blessed to have each other.
You have such a beautiful family!
Post a Comment