Friday, June 27, 2008

Facebook?!

Okay, after all the bad things I've had to say about Facebook, I took the plunge and checked it out last night. I've had SO MANY people asking me to check it out, but I've been afraid to because the times before when I tried to log in, it asked for my present email password. However, this time it didn't require me to do that.

I'm not too impressed with it yet. It takes me a while to figure these things out, but it doesn't look like there's a place for blogs on it, just mostly pictures.(??)
Also, it looks like you have to tolerate unpleasant ads.

However, it is really neat to see so many familiar faces! If you haven't checked it out yet (Kim N.), you will be amazed how many people are on there you know. I even found our own Kayla M. on there!:) Maybe I'll learn to like it.(?)

7 comments:

Barb (Glick) Kamph said...

Ya I have not spent any time on Facebook, so no advice here. I did look once but really did not figure the whole thing out, so..
Let me know if you figure it out and start to like it.

Ronda said...

I joined Facebook just so I could browse there if I wanted to...I really enjoy "blogspot" and can barely keep up with it! I haven't been there very much to give any advice either...oh well! Good luck! Hope that you are having an awesome day!

kayla said...

Yes, I am on Facebook, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I do blogging. It is more for connecting with old college friends that I haven't heard from in years. You really should do it just to see who you can find. It might surprise you.

loree2000 said...

I don't care for those types of websites either. Most of the time the material is not suitible. I prefer blogspot. I like not having to weed through other peoples trash and vulgarity to find who I'm looking for.

Your Penn Palz : said...

i'm on facebook, as well. it's actually a little more people-friendly, for someone that's not a computer genius, than blogspot is! HOWEVER, i think blogspot is more what i was looking for... blogs and pix and nothing more! facebook is FILLED with people and everyone seems to know everyone, though. it has tons of applications to add and can get entirely too 'busy' for a new mommy like me! :-)
the BEST thing about facebook is that you can 'chat online' instantly with any of your friends or family that are online at the same time as you!!! that's awesome when you're living away from family and friends... just as good as a phone call and FREE! ;-)
oh well, just thought i'd add my '2-cents-worth' in here for ya. please tell your in-laws my family says hello!!!

Kimberly said...

I still haven't worked up enough interest/nerve to try it. I know there are tons of people doing it but I still don't "get" it! Hope you're enjoying it!!:)

Ronda said...

Hi Kelly...It was so nice to hear from you...Thanks for your sweet comments on my porch! We do enjoy it! Hope that you are having a great summer...I am loving it, but it seems to be going by way too fast, if you ask me! :) Are you enjoying be a stay at home Mommy? I bet! Take care, now!